[Ponte Alto] Introduction

L E Storey lestorey at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:18:22 PDT 2007

Greetings!

I am Iohanna filia Iacobi, a resident of Ponte Alto -- welcome to the list!

I moved to this area from Chicago about eight years ago, and my first
SCA event was the Investiture of Ponte Alto's current Baron and
Baroness, Baron Marcellus Capoziello da Napoli and Baroness Belphoebe
de Givet.

The Ponte Alto newcomer's meetings were the "hook" for me, and I have
found the residents of Ponte Alto and neighboring baronies very
welcoming and supportive as I've learned about the SCA and explored my
growing interest in clothing, in particular.  I personally have
benefited from support of clothiers in our area, including many
members of St Anne's Clothiers Guild.  I believe there is a local
archery practice as well; Miles, this is your cue! :-)

Following on the heels of Mathilde's post, there are at least two
former residents of Caid in the Barony of Dun Carraig: the current
Baron and Baroness, Baron Erwin Bloodax and Baroness Mary Isabel of
Heatherstone (Molly); I have cc'ed them on this reply, in hopes that
they can provide some Caid comparisons as Mathilde has for Nordskogen.

Again, welcome to the list!

Cheers,
-Iohanna