[Ponte Alto] Introduction

mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com
Sun Apr 29 16:46:23 PDT 2007

> I'm writing to introduce myself. My name is Rebekah Sheeley, known in
> these current Middle Ages as Juliana de Montaign of Huntington. I
> currently reside in the Barony of Nordskogen ( Minneapolis, MN) of the
> Kingdom of Northshield,

Greetings!

I am Mathilde Bourette, and I started my SCA career in Nordskogen, in 2000. I
moved to the East in '03, and then to Ponte Alto for a bit before finally
ending up in Dun Carraig, a nearby barony. I still consider myself a Pontoon
(person from Ponte Alto) even though I live in a neighboring group.

In some ways, you'll find that Ponte Alto is somewhat like Nordskogen. They're
both large groups, and both are home to many enthusiastic and talented people.

Of course there are also differences. Nordskogen is rather unique with weekly
Wednesday night "social" practice. There are many activities in Ponte Alto, but
nothing like that where *everybody* shows up on a weekly basis.

The other HUGE difference is that, completely unlike Northshield, there are many
groups in close proximity. You could go to an event almost every weekend and not
drive any more than 100 miles. (For Pontoons reading, in Nordskogen, the nearest
neighboring barony was 4 hours away. The nearest shire was probably 2 hours
away.) You'll save big time on gas and hotel bills. :-)

Welcome to the group!

Cheers,
Mathilde