[Ponte Alto] Demo at Georgetown University Tomorrow (4/12) at 3:30

james barker flonzy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:11:28 PDT 2007

Hello Ponte Alto

Things are a little last minute with this demo because it fell in out laps
only two weeks ago, Georgetown University is part of Storvik but they felt
unable to handle a demo that day and passed it on to us, the details I am
posting just came to me this morning.

Here is the deal about tomorrows demo, we are going to Georgetown University
for their Medieval Festival and we are going to start at 3:30pm. We are
going to give a talk as well as a heavy combat demo  I got Sir Thomas lined
up to marshal the fighting. I hope we may get a few people from the GU
medieval club interested in what we do.

Parking is tight at the University it would be best if we carpooled as much
as we can. I plan to arrive at 3pm to set up and park my van. I am going to
get home about 2:15 to change fast and head into town to be there by 3pm if
anyone want to ride with me.

Here is my address

181 E Reed Ave
Alexandria VA 22305

And my phone is 703 338 4057 if you need to call me tonight or tomorrow.

Here is the address for Georgetown University:

37th and O Streets, NW, Washington, DC 20057

Here is the last info on where to go I got from the gal setting things up:

Here are directions: enter campus by the Canal Rd entrance, then proceed
straight up the hill, ignorinng the underground parking entrances on your
right. At the utdoor parking booth, the attendant will give you a parking
permit in exchange for your name and the event--please ask her for a campus
map and to clearly mark Copley Hall + Red Square + Theater Arts building on
the map; she might mark your route too.

At booth, turn right, go straight for 75 yards to the painted Stop and turn
left, then turn right within 50 ft (basically, you're skirting the perimeter
of the large red brick building). At next Stop sign (end of the red brick
building) turn left, proceed 100 yards to next Stop sign (with flashing red
light), and about 25 ft ahead on your right you'll see 2 concrete driveways
adjoining one another:--take the second one and park at the top, as close as
you can to the front of the building--this is the [new!] Theater Arts
building (elevator inside), where you can unload your gear. Transport your
gear to the upper level of the Theater Arts building and head for Copley
Hall, which borders Red Square (red paving).

All of this should take about 15 minutes. You'll see medieval things going
on in Red Square, a falconer, and a chess game. I should be there (in dark
red medieval dress), with students from the Medieval Club and a pig roasting
on a spit in the corner. Once you have unloaded your gear in Red Square,
please retrace your steps to park your vehicle in the South-West Quad
underground parking garage--anyone will point out the entrance.

Here's my cell in case you arrive early or get lost: 508 654-4468; office:
202 687-8260.

Looking forward to seeing you,
Carol

If anyone else thinks they can go and wants to ride in please give me an
call tonight.

Thanks
James de Biblesworth (MKA James Barker)