[Ponte Alto] Recruitment and the Barony

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 08:26:17 PDT 2007

It is awesome the recruitment is up.

I suppose something I missed is how can we help the Demo Deputy?

Well other then attending Demo's.

I would like to see us doing something then other Boy Scouts, Library’s and School's.  While these check the block for our status as an educational organization they do not yield peoples so much.

Have we thought about putting an add in the City Paper or Craig's list?

However we need more to swell the ranks.  I would like to see our baronial army as a sea of gold and black.

By army I count rapier, heavy and our logistics support.

I am not sure what our baronial army structure is but I would image it is something like this----
Coronets
Warlords (I guess we have a heavy and light and not one overall commander)
Heavy, Rapier, Archery, Siege and Logistics Commanders
NCO's
Troops

I would also be happy to fight on the Rapier field, since I am not totally unskilled with a rapier blade.  When I was in Ansteorra, Don Dore’ led an effort in our Barony to make the largest shields allowed by the rules to fight behind for the heavy forces that crossed over to rapier.  I think this worked pretty good for us at Gulf it could for Ponte Alto at Pennsic also.  If there ins't a heavy warpoint going on I would happily fight my Crowns foes on the Rapier field.

As a knight and royalist I see the Coronet's raising our baronial forces for the Crown to swell the ranks of their army.  While they might not be directly involved in the process the commanders do this for them.

Sir Guy

"Knighthood Is Only The Beginning."