[Ponte Alto] German Garb Class - Please Cross Post

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 14 08:42:12 PDT 2006

Gruss Gott! And first off sorry for the massive cross posting!

I would like to announce the start of a series of classes on German Ren Garb Classes.  These are in preperation for the January Lochmere Feast Event that will have a High German Theme.

Classes will be held once a month at my house in Odenton, MD, with the first class
Tuesday September 26th, running from 6pm til 8pm.
We will be discussing basic clothing styles, pieces, fabrics, etc for Women's Garb.  Please bring ANY books, pictures, websites, etc that you have!  I will have muchies set out so we don't starve.  Dinner can be ordered if there is enough interest.

Class structure will follow something like this:
September: Discuss Women's clothing, upper & middle class
October: Discuss Men's clothing and continue Women's
November:  Begin Specifics questions - patterning, fabrics.  Fit Mockup if desired.
December: Fittings for Garments if desired - more patterning questions.
January: Optional:  We can hold a class early for finishing questions before the Event at the end of the month.

To ease list traffic, if you are interested in these classes, please join the yahoogroup "vithascompany" by sending an email to 	VithasCompany-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

I will post directions to my house on that list or you can go to the Lochmere Website and look me up.
*Allergy Warnings* - I have a black lab and a 4 yr old daughter.  Please take your medications!  There is a play room that small children are welcome to use to leave us older ones alone with our books.

Future class dates will be decided by popular vote, but will mostlikely be on Tuesdays.

thanks for your attention!

Vitha
Lady Hrosvitha von Celle
mka Kerri Martinsen