[Ponte Alto] Coin Dies

Susan Reed nachtanz at patriot.net
Thu Nov 9 10:57:23 PST 2006

on 11/9/06 10:47 AM, Connor Sinclair at connorsinclair at yahoo.com wrote:

> Greetings Pontoons,
> While getting the Ponte Alto Silent Auction ready last night, my lady wife
> Courtney and Lady Wulfwyn found a set of coin dies in a rusty zip lock baggy.
> We believe they ended up in the silent auction bin by mistake, because they
> are coin dies specifically for Ponte Alto. Since they are specific to this
> barony they appear to be official items and will not be sold at silent
> auction.
> The question is does anybody know the history of them?
> Sir Thomas and Countess Denise do not remember them from their reign as
> barons. Maybe someone else knows about them?
> Thank you.

I know that they existed during our tenure as Baron and Baroness, but I
couldn't pin down exactly when (I know I still have quite a stash of Ponte
Alto coins ;-). Mistress Anne seems to have a much better memory of this
than I do. Now that I read her recollections, I do remember that a lot of
coins were made for the original Tournament of Roses.

Hmmm. Roses... I wonder whatever happened to the "bridge" croquet wickets?

Teleri
---
Dame Teleri Talgellawg (Susan Reed)
Master Niall McKennett (Ken Reed)
Barony of Ponte Alto, Kingdom of Atlantia
nachtanz at patriot.net  ---  AFPOPA