[Ponte Alto] Spinners, assistance requested for a demo?

Clare starfox5 at msn.com
Sat May 13 13:53:32 PDT 2006

I have received the following, and am forwarding it to the list, in hopes
that someone can help this gentle. I have his contact information (didn't
want to broadcast at large), so if anyone is available & interested, please
let me know & I will forward that info to you:

"Miladiess and Milords,
     I am seeking a wool spinner to assist with Vacation Bible School (VBS)
at
my church in Burke, VA on July 23 for a couple of hours.  The theme of VBS
is
"Bethlehem Village", so we would like the spinner to actually spin some wool
as
well as describe the process of cleaning, carding, and spinning.  It's up to
the
spinner whether to allow the children to have hands on the process, though I
think the children should at least be able to handle wool.
     We will provide the spinner with one garbage bag full of white wool and
one
garbage bag full of black wool -- straight from the shearers.  I imagine the
spinner will want to clean at least some of it and card some of it prior to
bringing it to the church.  Please let me know if you know someone who might
be
interested.

Regards,
Dinadan