[Ponte Alto] SCA Demo opportunity in Arlington VA Saturday April 1st.

james barker flonzy at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 06:54:24 PST 2006

Hello fellow Pontoons, we have the chance to participate in a mini ren faire
in Arlington at the Arlington County Central Library on April first. They
are hoping we will bring crafts people and bards to add to the flavor of the
events and we have permission to even hold fighting demos. The catch is it
goes right against coronation. So I am sending out feelers to see if anyone
wants to go to the demo and do we have any Martials not attending
coronation? I normally go to every demo I schedule but I am already paid to
go to coronation myself so I need someone to organize things the day of the
demo but I can still help get all the back end stuff set up.

If you are interested in helping out or with this demo please email me at
flonzy at hotmail.com

I am waiting on word to come back on setting a tent up for fighters if we
get people able to do the demo.

Here is the add they have on Craig’s list:

Renaissance Faire – Five Skilled Craftspeople Needed

Are you a skilled craftsperson?  Do you do Renaissance crafts?  Would you
like to sell your crafts to a family audience?  We want you!

HESPERUS will sponsor a free Renaissance Faire on Saturday, April 1, 2006
from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Arlington County Central Library, located
at 1015 North Quincy Street, Arlington, Virginia 22201 (between the Ballston
and Virginia Square Metro stations on the Metro Orange Line). This is a
wonderful opportunity to serve the community while you retain all revenue
from your craft sales. Craftspeople are requested to appear in Renaissance
garb at the Faire.

Craftspeople will be able to demonstrate and sell their crafts at this
family event that kicks off National Library Week.  You will need your own
display table and cover (in case of cold weather) and you will be placed
outside the doors to the Library.

Please reply to this posting with a description of what you would like to
sell, what the prices of your different crafts are, and any photos you have
available of yourself and/or your crafts.  We will contact you regarding
specific details for the event.

Renaissance Faire – Food Vendors Needed

Do you make delicious, mouth-watering treats?  We are looking for food
vendors to sell their wares to a family audience.

HESPERUS will sponsor a free Renaissance Faire on Saturday, April 1, 2006
from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Arlington County Central Library, located
at 1015 North Quincy Street, Arlington, Virginia 22201 (between the Ballston
and Virginia Square Metro stations on the Metro Orange Line). This is a
wonderful opportunity to serve the community while you retain all revenue
from your food sales. Food vendors are requested to appear in Renaissance
garb at the Faire.

NOTE:  In exchange for their presence and participation in the Renaissance
Faire, each food vendor is requested to provide a meal for ten (10) event
volunteers.

Food vendors will be able to sell their wares at this family event that
kicks off National Library Week.  You will need your own selling booth and
cover (in case of cold weather), as well as a portable power source; and you
will be placed outside the doors to the Library.

Please reply to this posting with a detailed description of what you would
like to sell, what the prices of your different food items are, and any
photos you have available of yourself and/or your products.  We will contact
you regarding specific details for the event.

Renaissance Faire – Storytellers and Face Painting Artists Needed

Do you love to tell stories?  Do you enjoy making children smile and laugh?
Would you like to serve your community through a family audience?  We want
you!

HESPERUS will sponsor a free Renaissance Faire on Saturday, April 1, 2006
from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Arlington County Central Library, located
at 1015 North Quincy Street, Arlington, Virginia 22201 (between the Ballston
and Virginia Square Metro stations on the Metro Orange Line). This is a
wonderful opportunity to serve the community. Storytellers and Face Painting
Artists are requested to appear in Renaissance garb at the Faire.

Storytellers and Face Painting Artists will be able to demonstrate their
skills at this family event that kicks off National Library Week. You will
need your own display table and cover (in case of cold weather) and you will
be placed outside the doors to the Library.

Thanks
James