[Ponte Alto] Something We talking about at a New Comers meeting.

Charlene Ratliff ms_spydra at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 08:39:51 PDT 2006

*Chimming In*

Would it be possible for us to "make," our own demo(s)?  St Paddy's day this
year turned into a large demo and even though a few of us were initially
wigged out (yes I am referring to me specifically) it ended up turning out
quite well.

Since we initially didn't plan on St Paddy's being a demo we had to prep for
it at the last minute and we had security concerns.  However if we actually
plan an "event," as a demo to begin with we can be prepared for what to
expect well ahead of time.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe twice a year we could do a demo.  Get a
church or park to let us use their land.  We could even plan it like an
event but instead of having Troll, feast-o-crats etc. we could instead have
positions such as security, and public liason (someone to answer
questions)...maybe even have some of the more brave people be presentators
who could walk groups around and talk about the things we do.  Then we could
advertise it in the local papers to invite people to come out and see what
we do.

I know that making our own demos would cost money but maybe we can see if we
can get work somme way to get places to donate their sites or work deals
with them or other ways to defray cost (maybe have silent auctions at other
events to raise money to host a demo).

These are just ideas.  But that was my two cents on it.  I think we should
look into doing at least one demo a year for the public (see adults and
children...not just children) to try to recruit more people into the SCA.

-Lady Delphina the Mad
House Fallen From Grace

-Remember, no matter where you go...there you are!-