[Ponte Alto] Archery Demo

Karen Miller mill3rs at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 14:53:21 PDT 2006

Greetings all,

  I just wanted to let everyone know that the archery demo went very well today.  There were about 45 kids and about 6 or 7 camp counselors there that were hanging on every word Baron Colum said and asked a lot of really good questions.  Colum had a lot of wonderful information to share with the kids and period arrows that he passed around, talked about and demonstrated.  They seemed very impressed with it all.  I think I heard the most "ohhhs" when multiple arrows were shot!  Several kids had mentioned that they had done archery themselves in other camps and in their PE classes.

  We had 7 SCAdians there - 5 shooting and 2 in garb answering questions and just looking marvellous.  Baron Colum, myself, Esperanza, Helena and Karin were the archers and Samantha and Aidan helped with setup/cleanup and putting up the SCA signs as well as taking pictures and answering questions.

  I want to thank you all for helping!  Virgil Seay said that the kids really enjoyed it and he was thrilled that we came.  In watching the kids, they did seem to enjoy it - and their questions and interest afterwards seemed to prove that.

  Thank you again!
  Brigid O'Hara