[Ponte Alto] Upcomming demos for July

Marsaili Johnston ladymarsaili at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 07:56:32 PDT 2006

James --

  Do we have addresses for these locations?  I'm planning to come to them, but don't know where they are.

  Thanks!
  Marsaili

james barker <flonzy at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Hi everyone

We have two Sunday demos for Fairfax County Libraries in July, they are
simple general medieval demos for kids, I typically take in some clothing
arms and armor for the kids to look at and pass around some maille and armor
bits for kids to look at and they love it. Kids also like the mini siege
engines. Any other projects or suggestions are welcome; please email if you
have and idea. What I would like is a few people to volunteer to help me
with these demos, it will only be a few hours of time for set up and talk, I
think we are scheduled for an hour. We can only take a few people because
this is an indoor event.

Here are the locations and times (Sundays):

Pohick Regional Library, Burke VA. July 16 at 2pm
Reston Regional Library, Reston VA. July 23 12:30pm

I feel these are important because the libraries have land and I have talked
about doing book fairs and other such events where we might be able to set
up a full SCA demo with fighting outside. This request came from the Library
head so it is a good contact for us. Also I would like to take a flyer like
the one made for Blood Bath to the demos to hand out to any parents who
might be interested.

Also we have been asked to do a demo for 6 to 12 year olds on the 25th
(Tuesday) at 2pm at a library in Falls Church. They would love a King Arthur
talk for their summer reading program. This is not related to the two above.
I told the person who made the request this might be hard for us to fulfill
being a weekday but I would see what I can do. If anyone has time to go talk
please contact me.

One more demo may come down the line for July, I am unsure at the moment,
but we have no request after July at the moment.

Thanks
James de Biblesworth (flonzy at hotmail.com)

    Lady Marsaili Johnston
  Chatelaine
  Barony of Ponte Alto, Kingdom of Atlantia