[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [atlantianrapiernet] Guards for Atlantian Royal at Pennsic

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 14:29:34 PDT 2006

Greetings!

Please find below the message from Lord Christopher
Cunning, regarding the request of Their Hignesses for
guards at Atlantian Royal during Pennsic.

Although the message highlights rapier fighters, you
do not need to be a rapier combatant (or any kind of
fighter for that matter) to volunteer for this task.
(In the past, we have had folks with all sorts of
amusing weapons such as frying pans doing guard duty.)

At the Barony business meeting last Saturday, it was
suggested that Ponte Alto take Thursday evening for
this.  If you are interested, please contact Lord
Geoffrey ap Clwyd.  His contact info is on the Ponte
Alto webpage, as he is our Rapier Marshal.

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Yours in Service,

Belphoebe

--- Christopher Cunning <gworg at earthlink.net> wrote:

> To: The Keep <keep at windmastershill.org>, Merry Rose
> <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>,
> 	Atlantian Rapiernet
> <atlantianrapiernet at yahoogroups.com>,
> 	Provost List <Provost at yahoogroups.com>
> From: Christopher Cunning <gworg at earthlink.net>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:49:27 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
> Subject: [atlantianrapiernet] Guards for Atlantian
> Royal at Pennsic
>
> My Lords and Ladies of the Rapier Army of Atlantia,
>

> I hope you are all well this day and are busily
> preparing for the coming
> war.  However, as you prepare to take up arms in the
> name of your Kingdom,
> I would ask to remember all the ways in which you
> might serve your
> Kingdom, be it on the battlefield or off.
>
> As we will be in foreign lands during this Campaign,
> it is most important
> that the Atlantian Encampment be held secure against
> invaders.  It is also
> equally important though that guest and visitors to
> land that Atlantia
> temporarily call home be greeted warmly as friends,
> and treated with the
> Courtesy and Respect to which Atlantia is a shining
> example.
>
> It is with these requirements in mind that their
> Highnesses of Atlantia,
> Prince Ragnarr and Princess Anneke, have called upon
> the the Atlantian
> Rapier Forces to help them in the protection of the
> Atlantian Royal
> Encampment.
>
> Two Rapier Fighters are asked to stand guard each
> night of the War between
> the hours of 6pm to 10pm at the Atlantian
> Encampment.  While our brothers
> of the heavy field are always welcome to stand
> guard, You do not need to
> Guard for that entire time, but it is asked that you
> consider donating at
> least an hour of your time towards guarding the
> Atlantian Encampment.
>
> In an effort to carry on tradition, the Baronies are
> also asked to
> consider sponsoring an Encampment guard for
> particular nights.  I know for
> a fact that at least one Barony has stepped forward
> to claim a night as
> their own.  Perhaps in an effort to get to know your
> fellow Atlantians at
> the war, two baronies could supply guards for the
> evening!  I imagine with
> the upcoming War of the Wings, having Sacred Stone
> and Windmasters' hill
> guard the same night would be rather entertaining.
>
> Finally, while Rapier Fighters have been
> specifically requested to guard
> Atlantian Royal during the evenings, any and all
> will be welcome to stand a
> watch.
>
> Should you wish to volunteer you may contact me
> privately before the war,
> and there will be a signup sheet for the week
> located in the Atlantian
> encampment.

> [...]

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
Une Robe Magnifique: http://www.houseffg.org/belphoebe
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org