[Ponte Alto] Newcomer's Meeting

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 09:58:18 PST 2006

Evendyl,

Is your lady a fencer?  If so, her best bet is for her
to begin with an epee and allow her to authorize in
that first.  This will allow her to attain the upper
body strenght to manage a heavier sword such as a
Del-Tin later.

A broadsword is not a legal weapon for fighting in
Atlantia, so unless you want it for a Court sword
(meaning something that will not go on the fighting
field), she will not be able to use it for fencing.

You can purchase an epee from Triplette Competition
Arms (now called Zen Warrior Armoury) or American
Fencers.  Both have websites and you can pick them up
online.

http://triplette.com/
http://americanfencers.com/

If you want a better quality weapon, there is always
Darkwood Armoury, which is the best there is out
there.
http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/

If you are looking just for a Court (ornamental)
sword, another good source is Museum Replicas.
http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/home.aspx

If you want to know more, please drop me a line
privately so we don't clog everyone's mailboxes.

Regards,

Belphoebe
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Baroness and Deputy Rapier
Marshal.

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
Une Robe Magnifique: http://www.houseffg.org/belphoebe
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org