[Ponte Alto] Baronial Warlord and Warband Part 1

Connor Sinclair connorsinclair at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 07:50:48 PDT 2006

My most gracious friends here in Ponte Alto,
Their Excellencies, Baron Marcellus Capoziello da
Napoli and Baroness Belphoebe de Givet, has
commissioned me, Lord Connor Sinclair, as Baronial
Warlord for the defense of this fair barony with a
company of men-at-arms. This commission I have humbly
undertaken and shall hopefully repay their trust in
me.

While brevity may be the soul of whit, I fear that
since these missives are long overdue it shall also be
overly long and I beg forgiveness, both in my
quietness this past month and in the length and number
of these letters.  As Warlord I would like to bring
this, our warband to a state of formidable power. Our
conduct in the last campaigns of the Pennsic Wars was
well done and we have probably the most diverse
warband of all of the companies in all of Atlantia. It
is my wish to see this continue and grow into a force
to be reckoned with in any battle, under any
conditions.

My immediate goal is the readiness of our company for
the upcoming Pennsic Wars, which is less then four
months away. Between now and the beginning of August,
there will be melee practices on Sundays, starting
this coming Sunday. The primary focus shall be on:
Spearmen working together.
Shieldmen and Spearmen working together.
Troop cohesion, in formation, in battle, in charges,
and in reforming our ranks.

As Warlord I will be asking for support from you, the
fine men at arms of this barony. Currently the command
structure of the warband is as follows:
Warlord, Lord Connor Sinclair
Lieutenant Warlord, Lord Mathieu Chartrain
Calvary, Sir Thomas of Calais
Calvary, Sir Guy le Strange
Sergeant, Lord Jonah Mac Coghlin
Sergeant, Lachlann

I have also started an email group specifically for
the fighters of Ponte Alto, so that we do not always
clutter this e-list with fighter specific discussions.
However, event, practices, and war announcements will
also be made here as well.
If you wish to join the fighter list you can find it
here:

Here endeth the first part.
In Service,

Lord Connor Sinclair de Winterfell