[Ponte Alto] Event-planning meeting and Directions

Barbara barb at ravenstreet.org
Sun Sep 11 13:05:31 PDT 2005

Hello!

At the last baronial meeting, we discussed a possibility of putting in a bid
for 12th night, possibly in conjunction with our friends in Dun Carraig.
Were we to do that, we realized there might be a need for an "emergency
meeting" to finalize the plans and bid.    I offered my home - and the time
we would normally be having our vocal music practice - for this meeting.

It is a longer story than I should perhaps relay here, but as it turns out,
we are not part of this bid.  Those of us who have been researching all
this, however, have decided to meet anyway.  The goal is to be able to host
a kingdom event: perhaps Twelfth Night or Kingdom Arts & Sciences Festival
in early 2007 or a University sometime in 2006.    If you would like to be
part of the "research and development team" to find sites, you are welcome
to join us.

The time is tomorrow, Sept 12, at 7:30.   Address: 13456 Cobra Court, Oak
Hill, VA

Directions:  You have two choices.

1)   Take your best route to I-66.  Exit onto the Fairfax County Parkway,
Route 7100, heading NORTH towards Reston.   Go approximately 4 miles,
looking for the at the 5th light AFTER going over Route 50, and turn left
onto West Ox Road. (Beware: this is NOT exactly the same West Ox Road that
you see over by Fair Oaks.  Remember, every road in Fairfax used to be an ox
road.)  Take the 2nd left onto McLearen Road.  Take the 1st left onto Cobra
Drive.  Follow to the end, which is Cobra Court.  #13456 is the last house
on the left - the only one with a front porch.

OR

2)  Take your best route to the Dulles Toll Road.   Exit onto the Fairfax
County Parkway, Route 7100, heading SOUTH towards Reston.  Go approximately
3 miles, and turn right onto West Ox Road. Take the 2nd left onto McLearen
Road.  Take the 1st left onto Cobra Drive.  Follow to the end, which is
Cobra Court.  #13456 is the last house on the left - the only one with a
front porch.

See you tomorrow.

Anne.