[Ponte Alto] Reminder: Hosen making workshop and Sunday A&S

Charlotte Johnson mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com
Wed Oct 19 18:15:20 PDT 2005

Greetings all!

Just a small reminder, the hosen making workshop will be happening this Sunday
afternoon, from 2 - 5, at my house near La Plata, MD. Come if you're interested
in fitting some hosen, or if you just want to work on projects! (Any portable
A&S is welcome, we have lots of space for cutting or what-have-you.)

The hosen will be bias cut, non stretchy fabric, worn at least from the Conquest
through the 15th century. They may have been earlier, but that's beyond my
period of expertise. It is possible to fit a non-knit fabric fairly smooth over
the foot and ankles!

I'd like an informal headcount on the hosen, if you haven't contacted me
already, so I can have enough supplies and space set aside.

Supplies to bring:

*wool or sturdy linen, twill is best. It must be woven, not knit! 1 yard if
you're female, 2 yards if you're male, or want boy socks for under a short
garment. If you can't have linen or wool by then, still come, and we'll just
start with the muslin mock up. That may be all we have time for anyway.
*1 or 2 yards muslin, see above
*matching thread
*needle
*pins
*measuring tape

I used to do a duct tape version of this, but I don't think it's all
that necessary. We can cut rough shapes from muslin and fit from
there. I'll have duct tape, just in case!

If you're interested, and want directions, email me at mathilde at
mathildegirlgenius dot com. We're between La Plata and Indian Head,
MD, for a general reference.

See you Sunday!
Cheers,
Mathilde