[Ponte Alto] The Fiore Question.

Kevin Maxson Kevin at Maxson.com
Wed May 4 13:35:58 PDT 2005

---- Original message ----
>Even with the KEM ruling it seems clear there are
questions in people?s minds about doing this type of demo
so for now we will let the issue drop to make it easy.

First off, the Kingdom Earl Marshal *did not* approve this
as he doesn't fully understand what's been proposed.  It's
his position that that sort of call should first try to be
made by Lord Duncan, our local Knight's Marshal.  As a duly
warranted officer, Duncan has the support and resources of
the kingdom marshallate to help make this call.

>Thanks you all for contributing information on the matter
but for now lets close the book on this issue until July.

But James, you're not the only one who's interested in this
sort of thing.  There are those of us that also have an
interest in period fighting, even if we don't have the
schedule to make it to regular practice with Steve Hick and
the rest of the guys over at MASHS.  (The interested party
I'm referring to is me ;-)  I've attended a class in Fior
di Battaglia from Bob Charron and I thought it was very
cool.  I'd like to be able to do it more, and even in the
SCA (see above reference to not having excess schedule to
go to Germantown on Sundays).

To that end, I've engaged all sorts of Important People(TM)
to look into this matter, and they've agreed to take up the
discussion on a kingdom level.  Atlantia is free to do what
it likes within the rules until the Society Marshal or the
Board of Directors says otherwise.  (Well, in a nutshell.)

As a sidebar - there is NO such thing as the Society Earl
Marshal.  It's just Society Marshal.  (I feel better now. :-
)

So anyway, I've picked up the mantle and I'm sure we
haven't heard the last of what I find to be a very
fascinating discussion.  And if it does work out that the
school wants it, and the SCA marshallate (through Duncan)
allows it, I've already volunteered to The Powers That Be
to take the day off from work and marshal it if necessary.

I will agree with James' sentiments, though.  Let's all
take it easy, and realize that we all just want to do the
right thing.

  +   Kevin of Thornbury, OP
 +++  (Kevin Maxson)