[Ponte Alto] Demos...

Scott Cozad ullrmadr at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 10:20:01 PDT 2005

It was my request for clarification that started this
so I feel I should say something publicly.

What I wanted to do was demonstrate historical combat
techniques with the longsword.  I had planned on doing
this with slow work.  By that I mean slow and
controlled movements with the wasters.  I have been
studying these  techniques for several years and have
done the kind of demo I will outline with living
history groups that I am involved with.

The idea is to show what historical combat looked like
and not what you see in movies.  I was going to do
this with wooden wasters and work with my demo partner
beforehand.  I chose the longsword because it is an
impressive weapon and it is easier to see what is
being done even at a distance.

I have pictures from an event that I did a few weeks
ago at home.  It is very similar to what I had hoped
to achieve with the SCA school demos.  I will put
those pictures online when I get home tonight.

My intention in asking about doing this demo was not
to stir up a storm.  I wanted to dot all my "t's" and
cross my "I's".  I am saddened by the decision not to
be allowed to do this demo.

Cheers,
Scott Cozad
Edward de Clare in the SCA.