[Ponte Alto] Demos...

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 08:41:37 PDT 2005

Greetings,

the final word on this issue from Kingdom is that:

The Chatelaine's office should not speak to fighting at a demo.

SCA is SCA...if it is an SCA activity (and demos are) then we
demonstrate SCA and NOT nonSCA activities.  Whether or not someone comes in
contact with the swords is irrelevant.

Okay that about covers it. Keep this in mind when planning your Demo's.

YIS,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto

Charlotte Johnson <mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com> wrote:
Greetings all, quick question here,

> So to assure the Kingdom that we are not misrepresenting the SCA or in anyway
> setting us up for a law suite could all people or Ponte Alto planning an
> event in the next few months get in contact with me about the particulars.

Is this an educational demo, or a recruiting demo? If it's educational, I would
think that demonstrating medieval swordwork (slowly, and not *ever* saying that
this is what "our combat" is like) would fall under the Arts and Sciences, just
as putting on an open-faced, non-SCA-combat-legal sallet would be demonstrating
medieval armour.

Just wondering...

Cheers,
Mathilde