[Ponte Alto] SMA

Suzanne beach rhiannon_kilrain at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 08:49:42 PDT 2005

oooh! sewing machine anxiety! i must have a really dirty mind then... :-P
definitely have someone look at it. i messed with a piece of similar description once and it broke off in my hands... i told the guy about it and he said he would have fixed it for free since it would take like two seconds but now he'd have to charge me for a new part. C'est la vie.
~ Rhiannon

Jessica Maxson <jessica at summertreemosaics.com> wrote:
Greetings Damiane!
Don't worry, everyone has SMA from time to time. The little wire thingy on yours helps keep the proper tension on the thread while sewing. I have no experience with White machines (mine is a Pfaff), but it's probably not a bad idea to take it somewhere to have it looked at. It probably is not too complicated to fix, but I personally would have someone who knows what they're doing take care of it. I am not sure where you live, but there is a great sewing machine place in Manassas that may be able to help. Lady Sorcha de Glys can give you more details - I copied her on this message so if she doesn't see it on the list she will still get it. There's also a place in Springfield which I think also services vacuum cleaners. Lastly, Hancock Fabrics in Sterling has a guy who comes in once a week or once every other week who can fix machines. I've never used him except for routine cleaning and maintenance, but had a good experience. IIRC, he wasn't that expensive either. You can just drop off
 your machine there and he will pick it up and then bring it back next time he comes in.

Good luck!
--Giuliana