[Ponte Alto] Fwd: RE: Demo and Marshal Activities (Ponte Alto)

Kevin Maxson Kevin at Maxson.com
Tue May 3 13:10:56 PDT 2005

That's a fantastic question.

I've some experience in the marshallate, so I'm going to
wager that "martial activity" in the SCA is anything having
to do with an object that is made to be used as, or to
resemble, a medieval weapon.

My reason for this philosophy is that if one goes to an SCA-
sanctioned fighter practice, one must sign a waiver even if
all you're there to do is to hit a pell.

It's clear to me from reading Jarl Timoch's response that
the Earl Marshall intends for these questions to be
answered by Lord Duncan, our Baronial Knight Marshal using
whatever means he needs to arrive at the official answers.

+