[Ponte Alto] B&B Report

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 09:30:52 PDT 2005

Unto the Populace of our beloved Barony of Ponte Alto,
do Marcellus and Belphoebe, Baron and Baroness, send
greetings!

April has been a good month for Pontoons.  At
Coronation we saw one of ours, HRM Denise, become our
latest Queen of Atlantia as consort of HRM Robert, and
Pontoons made a good show of support as it was to be
expected.

At Defending the Gate, the Ponte Alto archers
astonished everyone by winning the tournament, while
at Night on the Town, the Ponte Alto rapier contingent
showed everyone what Pontoons can do when they work as
a unit.  This Barony has much to be proud of.

May beckons as -- hopefully -- April showers (or in
some cases torrential outpours) are left behind.

Crown Tourney is just around the corner.  If you have
looked at the list of letters of intent, you will
notice that there is a long list of names of Pontoons
that are either fighting for Crown or are being fought
for.  Come join us at Crown and show your support for
our fighters!  It will be a lot of fun!

His Excellency and I are also planning on attending
Hero's Portion.  If you are a siege engineer, are
planning on becoming one, or you simply like to see
all sorts of objects being flung from various
machines, come join us!  There will also be heavy
fighting, rapier and archery, and this will be a good
opportunity for our troops to fight together.

Finally, Sapphire Joust will take place on Memorial
Day weekend.  As we did last year, we will be holding
a Baronial encampment and Lord Geoffrey ap Clwyd is
once more our land agent.  If you have already
registered, please contact him and let him know so he
can plan accordingly.  You can also contact him with
any questions you may have on the subject.

Also, should you be attending any events which His
Excellency and I are not, and any Pontoons get
recognized, please share it with us.  We are always
thrilled to share that information with the rest of
the populace!

We would also like to take this opportunity to invite
all newcomers to show up at Baronial Business
meetings.  It is a great venue for meeting everyone,
learn more about what we are doing and, yes, for
volunteering.

His Excellency and I will be looking forward to seeing
you at events, business meetings, A&S nights and
worshops, fighter practices, etc.  And keep those
recommendations coming!  They are most useful as we
cannot be everywhere and do not want to miss anyone!

Yours in Service,

Marcellus and Belphoebe

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org