[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Desert Wind

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 09:19:54 PDT 2005

To those that are interested in this event. Desert WInd is June 10-12 2005

Achbar ibn Ali <achbar at earthlink.net> wrote:From: Achbar ibn Ali <achbar at earthlink.net>
To: brnsacstone at yahoogroups.com, ssmideastguild at yahoogroups.com,
SCARogues at yahoogroups.com, SacredStoneArchery at yahoogroups.com,
atlantian_privateers at yahoogroups.com, atlantia at atlantia.sca.org
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:22:29 -0400
CC:
Subject: [MR] Desert Wind

Desert Wind
June 10-12 2005
Barony Sacred Stone Boonville, NC

Take a Journey to the Elchenburg Castle and enjoy a day Target and
Combat Archery. We will have a fun filled weekend of Bardic,
drumming and dancing as well as darkening the Atlantian Skies with
our mighty flights of arrows!

Martial Activities
Target IKAC
Combat IKAC
Combat Archer Tournament
Target Archer Wood Hunt

Martial In Charge :
Lord Menua of the Black Oak Grove
catmajick at hotmail.com

Arts and Sciences
Please contact TH Lady Bronwen of Hindscroft
seneschal@}hindscroft.atlantia.sca.org
Best Display of Archery Equipment
Best Display of Islamic Art
Open Arts and Science

Friday Night Open Hofla Hosted by Lord Asim
Middle Eastern Dance and Drumming Lord Asim can be reached at
asim at mindspring.com

Saturday Night Middle Eastern Dance Contest Hosted by Lady Halima
_al_shaffi She can be reached at lkuney at ec.rr.com

COST

Weekend $10 ages 5-17 $7.00
Day Trip $7 ages 5-17 $4.00
Ages 0-4 Guests of the Barony
$3.00 Non-member surcharge for adults

Site
2239 Center Road, Boonville, NC 27011

Primitive Site with Bathhouse. This is a WET site. Period and modern
tenting allowed.
Site opens at 6 pm Friday and closes at 1 pm Sunday.

There will be no Feast Served at Desert Wind. Please bring your
Grill and Picnic Baskets. There are local Restaurants to suit every
taste.,

Autocrat: Baron Achbar Ibn Ali Achbar at earthlink.net 704 3994033
Reservations: Miriel Crawford tygerphoenix at stormcrow.org
Tracie Ellis, 28270 Deep Cove Dr
Concord, NC 28027

Make Checks payable to " Barony of Sacred Stone, SCA Inc"

Hotel Information:
Rose Village Motel (336) 835-3609 407 N. Bridge St. Jonesville,
NC 28642
Days Inn (336) 526-6777 1540 NC Hwy 67, Jonesville, NC
28642
Hampton Inn (336) 835-1994 1632 NC Hwy 67, Jonesville NC
28642

Directions:
>From the south: Take your best route to I-77 North. Take exit 82 and
turn right at the end of the exit ramp. *Proceed less than a mile and
turn right onto Messick Rd. Proceed to the end of Messick Rd, and turn
left on Center Road. Approx 8 miles later is a BP gas station on the
left. 1.4 miles past the BP station, turn right at the first castle on
the right on a gravel road. Signs will be posted.
>From Hwy 421: proceed to intersection with I-77 North, Exit 82, use
directions from *
>From I-81: proceed to I-77 South to Exit 82, turn left at the exit
ramp, use directions from above