FW: [Ponte Alto] Fundraising

Barbara Reed bereed26 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 07:51:04 PST 2005

Andrew & all -

I understand your concerns, Andrew.  Granted, I was at
the meetings & read (most) of the emails on this
subject.  However, I thought that at least the bake
sale part at troll was abundantly clear.  All one had
to do was ask at troll and/or read the note on the
collection jar.

As for the donation to the ADA (a cause near & dear to
my heart, as my mother is diabetic), I believe that is
was suggested by Master Kevin at the business meeting
in November.  Those who were at the meeting voted on
the donation.  I was under the impression that this
had beendiscussed with Duchess Melisande before the
event.

In hindsight (which is often, but not always, 20/20),
perhaps this should have been discussed on the Ponte
Alto email list first.  However, I think that those
who suggested it & voted on this action were trying to
do what they felt was the right thing, and to honor an
individual who had such an enormous impact on so many
lives & whose passing has left a large hole in many of
our hearts.

SCA groups have given event proceeds for other causes
in the past (Toys for Tots comes to mind).  I
personally think that it is a good way to share our
bounty, but you are correct that it should be made
clearer to attendees ahead of time.  Not eveyone may
want for their money to go to that particular charity.

Greta