[Ponte Alto] Info about Bloodbath and the Royal Travel Fund

Lady Courtney de Houghton courtneydehoughton at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 12:58:01 PST 2005

Fellow Pontoons,

I am thrilled to announce to those who might not be aware of it that we are donating all profit from this year's Duke Gyrth Oldcastle Bloodbath to the American Diabetes Association in honor of Duke Gyrth Oldcastle.  So, we are hoping to see as many of you as possible coming out to support both your kingdom and barony, and the memory of a fine man who did so much for the SCA and the way it is played today.  If anyone is unable to make it to the event, but would still like to make a donation to the ADA in memory of Duke Gyrth, please make out a check to the Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA, Inc, and in the memo field write that it is a donation to the American Diabetes Association.  We would be thrilled to gather them all up and make sure they make it into the right hands.

We also have an opportunity to support our current Prince and Princess who are working exhaustively on our behalf with a staggering amount of foreign travel to wars and other events.  In fact, our very own local Princess will be missing Bloodbath because she will be supporting Their Makesties in their call to arms down at Gulf Wars.

In order to bolster the travel fund for TRH Robert and Denise, we will have a collection jar out at Troll for anyone who cares to donate. Again, if anyone wants to contribute but won't be there, please write out a check to the Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA, Inc with the memo field saying "Travel fund for Robert and Denise."

But wait, there's more!  We will also be holding a bake sale with all sales going straight into the collection jar!

As I know there are many out there with baking skills, I ask anyone who this e-mail reaches if they could contribute anything to this effort.  I will be baking multitudes of brownies and Branwen will be contributing her famous cookies to the cause.  We hope to see many of you enjoying the baked goods, contributing to the travel fund, and if possible, adding your own delicious goodies to the baked goods table!

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Lady Courtney

Lady Courtney de Houghton
Acting Atlantian Clerk of Law
Chronicler, Barony of Ponte Alto
Assistant Webminister, Barony of Ponte Alto
Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA