[Ponte Alto] Request for Silent Auction Help at Challenge of the Heart

Lady Courtney de Houghton courtneydehoughton at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 06:20:01 PDT 2005

My fellow Pontoons,

Who else would I turn to when I need help?

I am running the Kingdom Travel Fund Silent Auction for TRM at Challenge of the Heart.  Dun Carraig has graciously allowed us the space to do the auction, but due to the size and scope of their event, does not have any resources that they can offer.

Therefore, I am sending out a plea for help.  Are there a few people who would be willing to do different shifts for set-up, monitoring, and check out at the Silent Auction?  I envision it opening around 10:30, and closing around 3.  I will be preparing all items that are donated in advance, so we won't have to attach many bid sheets at the site, only for those items donated at the event. Once the tables are set up with the items, it is very nice to sit and socialize with the people that come by.  Closing an auction is even easier with people gathering up their wins and lining up to pay for their items.

Two people can handle this job, but three makes it easier all the way around. Do I hear any volunteers? (You will earn my undying gratitude and some home made brownies!)

And, while we are on this track, I know people have spoken up about donations in the past.  If you can please e-mail me so we can coordinate on getting the items to me in advance, that will give me an opportunity to put the bid sheets on before the event.

Many thanks!

Courtney

Lady Courtney de Houghton
Acting Atlantian Clerk of Law
Chronicler, Barony of Ponte Alto
Assistant Webminister, Barony of Ponte Alto
Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA

http://mail.yahoo.com