[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Changes at the Storvik Monday Fighter Practice

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 06:12:48 PDT 2005

Hello All Fighters-

Storvik is extending it's practice at the usual site by an hour. Come out and support the practice.

YIS,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:14:01 -0400
From: "William Stanton" <wstanton at bellatlantic.net>
To: "Merry Rose" <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>
Subject: [MR] Changes at the Storvik Monday Fighter Practice

Changes at the Storvik Monday Fighter Practice (please cross post as you see
fit):

We will have the site, Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church, until 10:30 p.m.
instead of 9:30 and we will follow the same rule of thumb we have been
following. If you can get out of your armor in 10 minutes then fight until
10:20. If it takes you longer to get out of armor and clean up then stop
fighting earlier so that we can leave the site and lock the doors on time.
If you have been reluctant to come to the Storvik practice because you could
not get there before 8 p.m. or so, you can now come out and still get a good
2-hour practice in. Practice still starts at 7 p.m. See the Storvik website
for directions: http://storvik.atlantia.sca.org/activities.html

We have a grassy area that we can use for melee now and we will be doing
much more melee depending on interest and turn out. Recently we have been
seeing 20 to 30 fighters at practice and have had plenty of interest. Now we
have a better area to do melee. The grassy area is not near the streetlights
or parking lot lights so we will have to stop melee practice once the lack
of daylight makes it unsafe.

We have use of the gravel area next to the parking lot for parking and want
to use this for vehicle parking and then use the ten parking spaces on the
west side of the parking lot we fight in for more fighting. We would like
people coming to practice to not park in these spaces to allow us to use
them for fighting. The gravel parking is adjacent to the fighting parking
lot and the grassy melee field. Additional parking is only 30 yards or so to
the east.

We are no longer able to store loaner armor at the site so please make
arrangements before Monday night to get anything you might need. The Barony
has a good amount of loaner armor for heavy fighters that is split between
the Baron's house and the Knight Marshal's house. Please make arrangements
to pick up any armor that you might need from:

Baron Sean de la Mare
(MKA) John Dollymore
4710 Tecumseh StreetCollege Park, MD 20740
(301) 982-2060(no calls after 9pm)
baronstorvik.atlantia.sca.org

Or

Lord William the Younger
(MKA) William Stanton
2933 Craiglawn RoadSilver Spring, MD 20904
(301) 586-8073
knightmarshalstorvik.atlantia.sca.org

Our rent has gone up substantially and as a result we will not be having
practice on nights that we already know will have poor or non-existent
attendance. We will not have to pay rent when we cancel practice far enough
ahead of time. Since Pennsic will be taking virtually all of the fighters we
will not be having practice the Monday of War Week 8/15/05. We will however
be having practice the previous Monday, Land Grab Week. We also will not be
having practice the day after Pennsic, 8/22/05, as everyone that went to
Pennsic will most likely still be unpacking.
8/08/05 Practice
8/15/05 No Practice
8/22/05 No Practice

We still have a wonderful air-conditioned indoor site for practice (heated
in the winter). Since we can practice rain or shine we encourage everyone to
come prepared to fight in gym shoes so that in case we do have to move
inside due to rain everyone can fight without fear of marking the church
floors. You are also welcome to fight indoors if the heat is unbearable, but
I was reminded a couple of weeks ago that Pennsic is not air-conditioned, so
if you want to practice for Pennsic, then practice outside if you can.

Since we will be asking for donations to off set our higher rent a little
more often then we have been hawking donations in the past, we encourage
fighters that regularly attend to make their donations once a month or once
a quarter and do so by check thus allowing the donation to be tax deductible
with the check as the receipt. Receipts for tax purposes for cash donations
will be provided upon request.

William the Younger

http://mail.yahoo.com