[Ponte Alto] tattoo ingredients

Sigrune at aol.com Sigrune at aol.com
Thu Jan 27 20:59:31 PST 2005

Ummmmmmm,

Nick, I like you so I must causion you on your ingredients list. (Well if you are actualy planning to shove that gunk into your skin)

The corroded bronze, which I am assuming to be of the greenish sort, as opposed to the blackish corroded bronze caused by deterioration due to heat...  Is a recipie for disaster and a flesh destroing chemical known as Vertegris. Vert-A-Greece (literaly the green of Greece) which is a copper-oxide and very toxic. (Tis why you should not cook tomato sauce in solid copper pans, as well as the whole bad taste thing) The Vinegar while it appears to remove cupric-oxides actualy dissolves it and bonds with it, however the human body with our wonderful enzimes as well as the iron and oxygen in our blood will seperate the two quite nicely resulting in that stuff running around in your system to cause havoc.

Also pine wood bark, while people claim that it is a great mulch type thing because it has natural chemicals in it that ward off insects and bacteria.. (Actualy the chemicals are resistant to certain molds and keeps crickets away, but ants and termites love it.) can harbor some seriously nasty bacteria, not to mention the possible taint of bacteria and molds from exposure to human and animal fecal matter (ewww)

I have no clue about the gall, but it does not sound overly healthy, but I could be wrong, might be a wonderful thing, but the vitrol, iron sulphate in concentration can also react with the skin and disolve it.

I will say though that given proper and clean sources, and with adequate heat, it may balance out to be alot less caustic and dangerous...  you can't always tell a cake from the ingredients, oftimes the preparation makes the difference.

anyhow, tis my $.02

Takeda (Mike)