[Ponte Alto] Pennsic Ponte Alto Baronial -- Update

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 09:56:59 PST 2005

Greetings to the populace,

As you all know, Pennsic is rapidly approaching and
the need for planning is becoming more pressing.  So
far, we do have a Pennsic Committee comprised by Marie
Therese, His Excellency Marcellus, Perronelle,
William, Aernfrid, and myself.

Our biggest challenge so far is the finding of a land
agent, who would be attending Pennsic for the entire
two weeks.

The current situation is as follows:

1. Perronelle has run Ponte Alto Baronial for the past
three years and is really burnt out with this.
Moreover, she has health problems that tend to flare
at Pennsic and we do not want to see her go to the
hospital once more in the middle of it.  We like
Perronelle, so if she is even remotely thinking of
stepping up just because no one else does, we will put
her stocks and throw tomatoes at her until she
desists.

2. Same goes for William.

3. Miles, who had planned on doing it this year,
cannot do it due to a scheduled stork arrival.  He has
mentioned that he would like to run it *next* year, so
at least we know that we will have a PA Baronial next
Pennsic.

4. Mary would like to do it.  However, because she is
self-employed, this would mean that she would have to
go for a week without any income.  We do not want to
have Mary go for a week with no income.

5. Marcellus and I considered doing it but have
decided that we either comply with our B&B duties or
we run Ponte Alto Baronial.  It would be hellish
trying to do both, so we won't.

6. Most of the other people with prior Pennsic
experience will be most likely assisting Denise at
Atlantia Royal.  (As well they should.  We don't have
a Queen in Ponte Alto every year!)

At this point, the most important thing to consider is
whether the populace wants a Ponte Alto Baronial
encampment at all and, if so, if anyone is willing
and/or able to take over as land agent.  Taking that
into account, His Excellency and I are contemplating
other options as a plan B.

In that regard, we have contacted the neighboring
Barony of Dun Carraig.  Their Excellencies Jonathas
and Amalia, have told us that they would be happy to
receive our Pontoons in their encampment.

Dun Carraig will probably be having two encampments:
Dun Carraig Baronial and Dun Carraig Highlands.  Of
the two, the one that is for sure to happen is Dun
Carraig Highlands -- where Their Excellencies are to
be camping.

The downside of DCH is that it is in the B lots.
However, the B lots are great for people who would
like to be close to the archery and fighting fields
and who do not mind the walk that they will have to
undertake to places such as the food court, market
place, etc.  Her Excellency Amalia tells us that the
transportation stop is in front of their encampment
and that it is very reliable.  It is also a large lot
with lots of trees – hence good shade – and very
quiet.

Dun Carraig Baronial, on the other hand, will be
camping somewhere in the N lots and will be headed by
Their Excellencies Phillip and Kiri.  I have spoken
with them and they also agreed to take up our
Pontoons.  The only problem is that it all depends on
Phillip having the two weeks to become land agent –
again, those pesky two weeks.  Should Phillip not have
the two weeks, they are probably be “subletting” from
Lochmere, meaning that they will have an encampment
within an encampment.  These are things that we must
take into consideration.

We are also contacting Their Excellencies of Stierbach
to find out whether or not they will have a Stierbach
Baronial encampment.  “Subletting” from them is also
another option, as it is “subletting” from Lochmere.
His Excellency Aelfgar, from Lochmere, suggested to
talk to their land agent on this regard.  That is also
another possibility.

Should Ponte Alto “sublet” from another Barony, we
would not be accruing another year of seniority in N18
(provided we got N18 in the first place).  At this
point, the most important thing to do is to find out
whether there will be a Ponte Alto Baronial or not and
how many people would be planning on camping with the
Barony, subletting or not.

I will be firing another email with a survey on how
many Pontoons would be camping with us this year.

Yours in Service,

Belphoebe

=====
-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org