[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Branchseneschals] Make-a-wish.

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 06:29:04 PDT 2005

Greetings Barony,

Read if you wish to contribute to a good cause.

YIS,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 03:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jehan LUtile <jehan_lutile_de_bretagne at yahoo.com>
To: branchseneschals at atlantia.sca.org
Subject: [Branchseneschals] Make-a-wish.

After having seen in the Acorn our Majesties wish to have a Make-a-wish tourney.  I decided to send this out.  The company I work for (Applebee's) has been, for the last few weeks, supporting the Make-a-wish Foundation.  And in particular a young gentleman who has been valiantly fighting cancer.  The central Virginia region stores have been participating in this drive.  We have been offering to our guests the opportunity to purchase the Make-a-wish wristbands.  We have been providing them at $2 each.  Our goal has been to raise $30,000 to help him with his medical bills.  I have personnally been able to raise $600 during this drive.  We will be ending this drive within the next two weeks.

I wish to challenge all of our Atlantian Seneschals, with the blessing of Dame Anne and their Majesties, to helping us raise a small portion of this $30,000.  I would be willing to be the liaison between our good Seneschals and my company.

My idea to make this as little confusing as possible, and to work within the limited timeframe, I suggest that one person (the Seneschal or a deputy) collect whatever they are able.  Send it to me personnally by the end of next week.  The monies would not be processed though the Shire account.  And I would purchase and send the wristbands back to the Seneschal or their delegate.  Again with the permission of their Majesties and Dame Anne.

Thank you all for your consideration.

In Service,

Jehan l'Utile de Bretagne,
Seneschal, Shire of Drachentor,