[Ponte Alto] Free Scholar Prize of Lady Catalina dell'Acqua

Robert Capozello afpopa at cox.net
Sat Aug 27 05:57:50 PDT 2005

Greetings to the List from Baron Marcellus Capoziello da Napoli, Lord
Percival Aldridge, and Master Roland de Mounteney.

One of the many duties of a Provost is to seek out and promote those who
have done service to the Academie & our fair Kingdom.  Be it known to
all that read these words that at 11AM on the 17th of September, at the
Chalice of the Sun God event in Barony of Ponte Alto, we will be
recognizing the skills and contributions of the Lady Catalina dell'Acqua
by elevating her to the rank of Free Scholar in the Academie de Espee.

She has displayed many of the qualities looked for in a Free Scholar:

- an appropriate, and increasing, level of skill in our Arte
- a drive to better herself both on the field and off
- a spirit of service both on a local and kingdom level
- the training of fighters both in her Barony and beyond
- areas of interest outside of rapier (in her case - siege, combat
archery, fiber arts)

I invite all those who may attend to come and celebrate Lady Catalina's
new status as a Free Scholar.  In accordance with the practices of her
brother and sister Free Scholars before her, all standing Free Scholars
are invited to come test her mettle in all manner of weapon.  All others
are invited to cross blades with her as time permits.

In Service to the Kingdom and the Academie,

Baron Marcellus Capoziello da Napoli

http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/chalice.php