[Ponte Alto] Hancock Fabrics

Signora Cassandra Arabella Giordani cassandra at jordanclan.net
Thu Apr 7 10:07:57 PDT 2005

Melissent,

Hancock has closed brass rings hiding in brown cardboard boxes on shelves
in the back of the decorator fabrics section.  They may not be out and
visible; you may have to open some boxes to find them.  There are usually
other ring-like items in the same set of shelves to give you a hint,
though.  The Sterling Annex to Ponte Alto could probably be persuaded to
make a field trip sometime.  ;)  I use 'em on my Italian Ren gowns.

Kerri,

>From my perspective, Hancock Fabrics tends to carry slightly better stuff
than JoAnn Fabrics (another prominent fabric store in the area).
Definitely worth a look.  G Street is the pinnacle of local fabric stores
(which is why folks are ga-ga about a sale there).  And there are lots of
online sources for wool and linen, those highly sought-after period
fabrics, as others have mentioned.

And FYI, don't assume just the ladies know where the fabric is.  We have
quite a number of accomplished sewing-types in the Barony who are male!
(And man, do they look good!)  :)

Happy fabric shopping!

Cass

At 12:48 PM 4/7/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Marsaili,
>
>Are they the closed rings or the butted rings? I haven't been able to
>find the closed rings ANYWHERE!
>
>Cheers,
>Melissent

Signora Cassandra Arabella Giordani