[Ponte Alto] Where to find Rug cloth

Leslie S leslie_9530 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 16:20:46 PDT 2005

I'm working on rugs (and tapestries) this summer but can not find adia cloth with a 6-7 hpi (Holes Per Inch) count.  I can  only find  11 hpi and up. Has anyone experimented with burlap or Monk cloth? I'm not sure the burlap would be sturdy enough for a rug and the monk cloth would be too heavy. What cloth was used in 1200 - 1400's other than linen? Suggestions would be most welcome.
Thank you in advance.

- Les

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that stood its ground.

http://mail.yahoo.com