[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Branchseneschals] Event Flyer for Black Prince's Birthday

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 07:16:18 PDT 2005

Greetings Ponte Alto,

Read if you are going to Black Prince Birthday on May 20-22. Otherwise discard.

YIS,
Lady Maria-Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto

From: AnneBalfour at aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:38:35 EDT
To: branchseneschals at atlantia.sca.org
CC:
Subject: [Branchseneschals] Event Flyer for Black Prince's Birthday

While I realize this is scant notice, please share the details (below) for
Black Prince's Birthday (May 20-22) with your groups.
Thanks,
Anne Balfour
Seneschale
Black Diamond

Name of Event: The Black Prince`s Birthday
Date(s) of Event: May 20-22
Hosting Group: Barony of Black Diamond
Update to existing flyer? No

Edward, the Prince of Wales upcoming birthday a day of tournament, feast and revelry
has been declared. The Barony of Black Diamond calls forth the most Noble of
combatants, to bring their weapons of choice, their skill and prowess to this
most Honorable field.
Heralds declare that this is a day for all Atlantia, to celebrate on of the
most historical men in history and quite possibly the 14th century. A day of
skills to test martial skills as well as those skilled in the arts.To celebrate
the Black Prince`s birthday in all its glory we ask that you wear and display
your finest garb.At the height of the day`s martial activities will be honor,
for honor is what holds a fighter true to their skills and path.This event
will test this virtue and we know that Atlantia`s fighters will not let us down.

Website:
Martial Activities: Friday evening will be a torchlight tourney for both
heavy and rapier in a traditional bearpit.Saturday will play host to heavy and
rapier tournaments themed around honor.We encourage fighters to bring a consort
and a herald, but this is not necessary for entry into the tourneys. There
will be a target archery competition as well.
Mounted games will be in attendance. Please contact:Baroness Beatrice von
Staufen at: baronessbeatrice at hotmail.com

MIC:Baron Acbar ibn Ali(James Morrow) achbar at bellsouth.net

Arts & Sciences Activities: Arts and sciences:There will be several
competitions including but not limited to, best use of a Barony`s heraldry, best
period encampment, illumination, personal heraldry, novice diplay, bardic, best
field herald and open display.For further information contact: THLady Alianor
Atte Redswane at: redswane at bellsouth.net

Cost: Adult, Member: $7.00 Day-Trip $8.00 Feast $10.00 Camping
Adult, Non-Member: $10.00 Day-Trip $8.00 Feast $13.00 Camping
Child (6-17): $3.00 Day-Trip $8.00 Feast $5.00 Camping
Child (0-5): $0.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast $0.00 Camping

Cost Notes: Reservations postmarked before 4-30-05 will receive a $3.00
discount.

Site: Bland county fairgrounds, Bland, Va. 24315
Site Restrictions: Discreetly wet, no modern containers. Pets must be on a
leash.

Feast Information: Feast:In grand celebration of the birthday a 4 remove
feast will be prepared by Lady Senga MacBeathain.Please contact her at:
lioness635 at earthlink.com for dietary concerns or questions.

Merchanting Information: Merchants are encouraged to attend and need to
contact the field steward@: luther_josephus at yahoo.com with the size of the
pavilion. There is no merchant fee but space is limited to outdoors.

Other Information:

Autocrats Information: Ravenna Storm(Brett Mcpeak), po box 452 Max Meadows
VA, 24360. Phone Number(276)699-9658, E-mail: ravennastorm at yahoo.com

Resevations: Send reservations to autocrat

Directions: From the south: Make your best route to I-77 north. Once in VA
follow I-77 north towards Wytheville. I-77 will connect with I-81 south. Follow
I-77 north until it splits with I-81. Stay on I-77 north towards Bluefield,
WV. Take exit 52 off of I-77. At bottom of ramp take a right. At stop sign take
a right and follow SCA signs.
>From the north: Take I-81 south to I-77 north towards Bluefield. Follow above
directions from there.

I affirm that I have obtained permission from each person listed in this
annoucement to publish their personal information electronically

http://mail.yahoo.com