[Ponte Alto] Questions about baskets, etc.

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 14:28:51 PDT 2004

Greetings Siobhan,

Requests for gift baskets are usually made by Their Majesties and/or by Baronies as gifts to Their Majesties or other Barons and/or Baronesses.

In the case of the congratulations you have been reading, it refers to the Pennsic gift baskets that was a project that Her Majesty requested from the Guild of Embroiderers.  It included various items crafted in the period way and they were baskets for each Kingdom in the Known World at Pennsic.  We have had other similar projects for Gulf Wars, for example.

Other times, it is the Barony that requests this and the items can be something crafted in a period fashion, or it can be a book like the one you describe (modern binding is usually not a problem), or other things.  Things that are always welcome in these cases are items that TRM can give to the populace such as trim, or other things that can be useful to them such as postage stamps, stationery, phone cards, etc.

You will see every once in a while notes posted to either the Baronial list, the Merry Rose, or any of the guilds, requesting donations or projects for gift baskets.  So if you want to participate in something like that, stay tuned!  :-)

Cheers,

Belphoebe

l e storey <lestorey at yahoo.com> wrote:

Greetings, All!

I have seen past event flyers -- Baronial Birthday, I believe was one
-- asking for dontations for "baskets," and more recently I've seen
thanks going out to those who provided items for Pennsic baskets...

I'm assuming that these are gift baskets, and would like to know more
about them: the whens, whats, whyfores, etc. And more specfically
whether the donations are expected to be period handicrafts, or if they
can be things like modern publications about period topics. (I saw a
very keen little book at Barnes & Noble that I imagine would be a nice
thing in a basket, provided modern books & bindings would be
appropriate.)

Thanks in advance,

-Siobhán

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org