[Ponte Alto] Fwd: Children's Activities at Day at the Races

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 09:15:43 PST 2004

Forwarded as per request of the gentle in charge of
children's activities at A Day at the Races.

Regards,

Belphoebe

> * * * *
>
> SUBJECT:  ADATR Children's Corner Times & Activities
>
> Greetings, good gentles!
>
> I have the pleasure of hosting the Children's Corner
> this coming
> weekend at Ponte Alto's A Day at the Races event
> (http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/races.php), and
> would like to
> outline  the planned schedule and activities.
>
> The Children's Corner will be in two sessions: the
> morning session will
> end around 10:45, just before the Palio events
> begin; the afternoon
> session will resume at 1:30 and run for at least an
> hour.  (See below
> for more detail.)
>
> Please contact me if you have any questions!
>
> YIS,
>
> Siobhán
> Minister of Minors
> Barony of Ponte Alto
>
> * * * * *
>
> Children's Corner Times & Activities for A Day at
> the Races
>
> == 10:00 - 10:45  All About Il Palio ==
>
> In preparation for the Palio activities at 11:00am,
> I have created
> a story book about Il Palio.  Topics include the
> history of the races,
> the development of the contrade and their colors /
> insignia, the
> preparations for the race, and what happens on race
> day.
>
> Children will choose a contrada and create their
> colors for the hobby
> horse races at 11am.
>
> NOTE: The Children's Corner closes at 10:45 to allow
> time to gather for
> the Palio activities.
>
> == 1:30 - 3:00  Palio Arts & Crafts and
> Collaborative Play ==
>
> For the afternoon arts & crafts session, I have
> created a coloring
> book based on the contrade insignia and other
> Palio-related images.
> Each child will receive a copy of the coloring book,
> which
> includes some of the information in the story book.
>

> I have also assembled some horse and race-related
> toys; any
> additional toys, puzzles, or materials that would
> enhance the afternoon
> program are most welcome.
>
> NOTE: Depending on interest, attendance, and
> volunteer support, the
> Children's Corner closing time in the afternoon may
> change.  (I.e., if
> there is adequate volunteer support and interest in
> the activities, the
> Corner may stay open as late as 3:30 or 4pm)
>
> == Additional Information ==
>
> TOYS / BOOKS / SUPPLIES: If you have any toys,
> books, or arts & craft
> supplies suitable for ages 5-8 that you would be
> willing to either
> donate to the Children's Corner or loan for use
> during an event, please
> contact me.  Suitable topics for A Day at the Races
> would include
> [...]

=====
-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace, "Corrupting the Innocent since 1569": http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org