[Ponte Alto] URGENT Pennsic Encampment News

Irwin dwatsonirwin at cox.net
Tue May 25 21:19:36 PDT 2004

>>Most tents use a full three feet and sometimes more just to get sufficient
tension at the proper angle on the ropes. If tent ropes overlap one another
then yes, 1.5 feet from one tent added to 1.5 feet from another would be
adequate (this does not account for high wind ropes coming from the roof of
the tent). The stakes would butt right up against the tent next door.
However I don't know how that actual rule is worded and it may be that you
need 3 feet per tent for a total of 6 feet between tents. Since I have a
yurt and it has no ropes it's never been an issue for me.<<

Tents WITH ropes have three feet added per side or 6 feet to each dimension.
A 10 x 10 period tent with ropes is calculated as 16 x 16 to achieve the
proper distance. Yes this would make the canvas to canvas distance 6 feet on
a straight sided tent. But ropes are flammable too.
Although if it rains like last year......

All of this was discussed at the February Board meeting and consensus was
reached. Lady Cassandra and I have taken great pains to make certain that
the land calculator she designed would cover the variables. None of these
decisions were made without counsel. All decisions are a reflection of
situations that have risen in the past.

YIS,
Perronelle