[Ponte Alto] URGENT Pennsic Encampment News

Robert Capozello afpopa at cox.net
Tue May 25 11:54:37 PDT 2004

> ArtsofPalm at aol.com wrote:
> >
> >Well, perhaps we should consider this a bit further.  The 3 feet of
> >space is
> >a fire marshall requirement between tents, correct?
> However, if two tents
> >next to eachother each adds 3 feet of space, is that not now
> a 6 foot space
> >between the tents?  Is that perhaps more than necessary?

Under the Fire Safety Rules of the Pennsic website:

"All tents must be 3 feet apart fabric to fabric, with no ropes
touching."

This would seem to argue in favor of the 1.5' perimeter around tents,
adding 3' total to each dimension, rather than 3' to each side for 6'
total to each dimension.  The "no ropes touching" is a little vague,
though.  Could ropes overlapping be construed as ropes touching?  I'm
not certain.  And Corun is definitely correct about the high wind lines.
They do extend out quite a bit on some period pavilions.

Personally, I'm in favor of having the extra space between the tents.
This will make set-up and takedown easier, for one thing.

-- Marcellus

-- Marcellus