[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [caermear] Sad News PLEASE CROSS POST!

Heather Muller aztecdagger at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 03:19:56 PST 2004

fjf1111 <fjf1111 at yahoo.com> wrote:To: caermear at yahoogroups.com
From: "fjf1111"
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 01:57:14 -0000
Subject: [caermear] Sad News PLEASE CROSS POST!

Gentle Friends,

Earlier this evening David Gipe passed away.

For those that do not know him, he is also known as Manfred
Gustsson, second Baron of Caer Mear. Manfred became Baron in 1980
and served in that post until 1991. He is survived by his wife Tish
and his son David.

As details become available, they will be posted.

In the spring of 1984, when I was a Freshman at VCU, I met Manfred,
along with some other characters and got my first, albiet small,
glimpse of the SCA. Due to his Real world considerations, Manfred
did not travel much, but was EXTREMLY visible here at home. Though
he and I did not always see eye to eye, he was always the first to
stand up and speak his mind, and try to find a way to make the FUN
happen for everyone, and for that lesson alone I will be always
greatful. Manfred asked me to lead the baronial forces in defense of
our beloved Diamond angainst those marauding fiends the black
diamonders. It was my first chance to "be in command" of a field
unit (a wopping 16 folks), and it was an amazing expierence, and one
that I will never forget. Later he gave me his Barons award
for "Leading the forces of the Barony against her foes.".That scroll
is one of my proudest possesions and always will be so.

Thank you for letting me ramble. Anyone else with memories of
Manfred is encouraged to post them so that some of our newer friends
can learn about him as well.

Thanks Dave, save me a seat in the mead hall, cause I know your
gonna make your way up to the best seats in the house!

Just Fritz

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Do you Yahoo!?