[Ponte Alto] Multiple Activities

themasterevan themasterevan at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 07:27:51 PST 2004

Greetings. I am relatively new to the SCA. I live in Washington DC
in Columbia Heights and travel strictly by Metro (no vehicle). I am
interested in connecting with persons for the following interests /
activities:

I would like to build and fly Japanese-style fighting kites. I can
host a building party at my apartment for a very small group. I have
never done this before, and will work out of books if I cannot find
mentors.

I have no garb whatsoever, and my lady advises something
called "Spainish Ren". Any advice or guidance is welcome in this
regard.

I have acquired a large beer brewing kit, but have no bottles. I
have the capacity to brew two five gallon batches at once in a pair
of carboys. Anyone willing to barter some bottles is welcome to come
over and brew up a batch at my place. For that matter, I will split
the cost of ingredients and the results, with anyone wanting to give
this a try. I am keen to try a lager, but have not yet solved the
issue of finding a site that has the right consistently low
temperature this requires.

I have successfully blended some delightful cordials, and would enjoy
hosting a blending party, followed up, of course, with a sampling
party. I would propose that each participant select a different
recipe, and that the costs be shared in common.

I have a secret project that cannot be divulged, and am searching for
materials. I am looking for a small rams head, perhaps lopped off a
plastic toy or model; and clothes to fit a small Barbie-style doll to
make it look like either an Amazon warrior or a Valykyrie. This will
go onto a small battering ram. Any sources would be welcome.

I am very keen on board games, especially two-player strategy games
like Terrace, Othello, All the Kings Men, etc. Also long games like
Axis and Allies and Avalon Hill Games. I have recently gotten into a
couple of Social Strategy games like Settlers of Cataan. I would
like to find some new opponents; veterans and novices alike are
welcome.

I observed an excellent pair of boots and would like some advice or
assistance in imitating them. They were a pair of plain engineer
boots, with a long flap of leather sewn into them, so that the flaps
could be folded over or up to reach the thighs.

I would like to form a small group for book discussion and movie
viewing. This would involve selecting one book a month by consensus,
and meeting for a couple hours to discuss it over coffe at my place;
movie viewing would be similar and by consensus, and would involve
either videos or groups attending theater movies.

I am interested in helping establish a rapier practice in Storvik. I
attend Catholic University, which has a new gym and may be willing
and able to host rapier. Anyone willing to come to Catholic
Universtity to put on a demonstration is most welcome to contact me.

Finally, politics (boo, hiss). I am interested in working with any
persons who agree that the rules of ascension should require a King
to prove himself pusissant in more than heavy fighting. Rapier
fighting, for example, and hearaldry.

Any persons interested in any of these activities, as either
participants or advisors, please respond with your contact
information and schedule of availability! countzeppelin at j...
is the most reliable way to reach me.