[Ponte Alto] Oerthan Memorial Bardic, 6/27 7 pm

ellen.m.davis at att.net ellen.m.davis at att.net
Sat Jun 26 10:07:56 PDT 2004

On Saturday, June 19th, 2004, Viscount Sir Kylson Skyfyre, aka Lawrence
White, first Prince of Oertha, passed away following his win in a bear
pit tourney. Sunday, June 27th, there will be a memorial in Oertha, and
I would like to offer up our home for a memorial bardic for those who
are local. This bardic is open to anyone, and is dedicated to the
memory of a gentle giant. We will celebrate with traditional Oerthan
and SCA songs, or bring your own. This will be a decidedly non-period
bardic (think "Beermaids in Valhalla", "The Scotsman", "The Champion",
and just about anything by Silly Wizard). I will print off copies of
many of the Oerthan songs (or songs that we sang) so that others may
join in. Alcoholic beverages are appropriate, and it is garb-optional.
For those who need a place to crash, we can offer couches and floors.

People are welcome to come ahead of time, but let us know! Munchies
would be appreciated. Bardic style will be extremely informal, similar
to a jump bardic, and people will be asked to sing along. As the song
goes:

"You can talk all you wanna, you can sing off key / why they'll even
listen to the likes of me!"

Everyone is welcome to come, whether they knew him or not. The plan is
to enjoy ourselves to the best of our ability. Come, and celebrate life
with us.

Our house is 6899 Ridge Water Court, Centreville, VA 20121. You can
call (703) 815-0310 for more information.

Directions:

>From the North, East, or West: Take Rt. 28 S or I-66 to the junction of
Rt 28 and I-66. Follow Rt 28 (Centreville Rd.) south approximately
three miles. After you pass Braddock Rd. you continue through the next
light at Green Trails/Old Mill and then take the next left onto
Bradenton Rd. (If you hit the light at Compton Rd., you've gone too
far. Come back around and it will be the first street on your right.)
Bradenton ends in a T-intersection, and you will need to turn left onto
Compton Village ROAD. Follow this past the community center and take
the next right onto Compton Village COURT. Follow this to the end and
turn right onto Ridge Water Court.

>From the South: Make your way to Rt. 28 and take Rt. 28 North towards
Centreville. Past the light for Compton Road, take the next right onto
Bradenton. Bradenton ends in a T-intersection, and you will need to
turn left onto Compton Village ROAD. Follow this past the community
center and take the next right onto Compton Village COURT. Follow this
to the end and turn right onto Ridge Water Court.

PARKING: Follow the street to the end; you can park in any of the
spaces marked as either 'VISITOR' or '73'. There will be small lanterns
along the path to our house, and there should be a banner hanging
outside.

Please let us know if you plan to come so we know how many to prepare
for. We hope to have enough chairs. Unfortunately we cannot offer a
hot tub.

-Ii Saburou Katsumori,
once Godric Logan of Winter's Gate

PS: For more information on Kylson's passing and memorial see the
Oerthan home page at http://www.angelfire.com/ak/Oertha/