[Ponte Alto] Sad News in Oertha

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Tue Jun 22 22:21:59 PDT 2004

I don't remember if I saw this posted--most people won't know of whom this
is about--but I've seen enough people in the area who had been in Oertha
to know that it would be important to some.

Last Saturday, Kylson Skyfyre passed away doing what he loved.  The
Oerthan web site is currently set up as a memorial:
http://www.angelfire.com/ak/Oertha/

On Sunday, June 27th, there is a memorial service planned in Eskalya at
the home of Robin White.

If there is interest, I would like to do something as well, and have
thought about holding a bardic in memory of this man.  If you are
interested, please let me know privately (logan at modzer0.cs.uaf.edu).  I
will try to get together copies of all the old songs we used to sing in
Oertha, and we can sing them together.  I can't help but think he would
have appreciated such a thing.  Those who did not know him would also be
welcome to come and join us in song.

Garb-optional; expect many of the 'traditional' SCA genre of songs: folk
music, Beatles filk, etc.  Songs like "Beermaids in Valhalla" and "When
I'm King No More".

If I get enough responses, I'll go ahead and set time and send out
directions.

-Ii