dye day? ( was [Ponte Alto] Dye Day (was RE: speaking of fabric )

ArtsofPalm at aol.com ArtsofPalm at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 21:10:41 PDT 2004

Yes! Yes! Yes!

 I'm just finishing up on my finals next week.... so to celebrate I was
planning to do dye day on Saturday, July 24th.  I've been so caught up with
finishing classes that I've been putting off writing this email... but now is really
the perfect time, so many thanks to Siobhan for the reminder.

It really is important that those who are interested in coming to dye day let
me know, and that you give me an idea of how much yardage you have in mind to
dye, and equally important, how heavy the fabric is (3 yards of cotton
battiste takes much less dye than 3 yards of medium weight linen, for instance).

In fact, which color you choose is also important. For instance, it take 4
times more black dye than green dye for the same amount of fabric. These are
procion dyes.  I already have several, but if you feel strongly about color, you
might want to look at the web site to see which color choices might work for
you and then tell me in the  email.  Here is the web address to see the color
chart:

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/man/colorcards/procion/

Dharma also has great fabrics for dyeing, and you can be sure that they
haven't got any chemicals in them that might cause the dyes to resist or dye
unevenly.

Hope you can join on Saturday the 24th.  Drop me an email if you think you
can make it and let me know how much yarn you have in mind and what colors you
were considering (if you care).

One last thing... If you're interested in buying any of the Dharma fabric,
call me at 703 922-2937.  Perhaps we'll get a larger order in for less $.

YIS,
Irene Madhaidin

In a message dated 7/13/2004 5:48:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,