[Ponte Alto] Re: Heraldry, when you can't draw

Sharon Henderson revsharonhenderson at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 12:30:53 PST 2004

Hi Jesse,

I'm a terrible artist myself, so I am definitely of the "print and copy" school of heraldic design.  <g>

Look online for heraldic resources (www.sca.org is a good place to start!) and either capture an image that amuses you, then blow it up either on a copier or in a good pic program on your computer, then (if you have a light box) put a piece of clean paper over it and make your own with a pencil that has a good eraser.  If you haven't got a light box, tape the original up on a window during daylight, put your clean sheet over the top, and continue on as above.  :-)

Also remember that good heraldic artists can pretty much clean up anything you bring to them, if you can at least approximate the design you're looking for.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Meli,
Pontoon by ZipCode,
Serving as Stierbach's Herald
:-)