[Ponte Alto] Message from Head cook for investiture

Orlaith of Storvik ladyorlaith at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:32:37 PST 2004

Lady Tirzah McCrudden has asked me to post the menu she has created for
Investiture.

Ponte Alto Baronial Investiture Menu

Appetizer
Bread
Herb Butter = butter & rosemary
Cheese
Olives
Frittata = eggs, milk, swiss chard, spinach, parsley, sage, marjoram,
parmesan cheese

Feast

1st Course
Chickpea Soup = Chickpeas, olive oil, parsley, sage, rosemary, cinnamon,
peppercorns, flour
Cheese Risotto = Rice, vegetable stock, parmesan cheese
Roast Lamb in Sauce of Gold = Lamb, garlic, beef broth, lemon, saffron, egg
yolks, parsley
Romania (Chicken with Pomegranate Sauce) = chicken, pomegranate, almonds,
olive oil, lemon, strong spice

2nd Course
Winter Squash Soup = Butter nut & acorn squash, vegetable stock, cream,
nutmeg
Ravioli in Meat Broth = cheese ravioli, meat broth, saffron, sweet spice
Little Laves (Spinach and Fennel Salad) = Spinach, fennel, mint, olive oil,
herbs
Grilled Fish with Bitter Orange Sauce = Fish, orange juice, orange bitter,
herbs
Roast Beef with Green Sauce = Beef roast, bread crumbs, parsley, sage,
cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vinegar, garlic.

Dessert
Poached Pears with White Custard = Pears, red wine, egg white, cream
Baklava = Nuts, honey, sugar, butter
Snow Balls = Egg whites poached in milk

Due to dietary restrictions head table's menu may be slightly different.  If
you have any questions please email me and I will be happy to pass them on
to Lady Tirzah.

Lady Orla Carey
Exchequer, Barony of Storvik
Personal Secretary to Dame Roxanne Greenstreet
Co-Minion to Lady Tirzah McCrudden