[Ponte Alto] Asian Night: Monday, January 9th, 6:00PM - 9:00PM: Weapons

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Thu Feb 5 20:33:56 PST 2004

It's that time again!

Asian Nights at Ii and Aine's residence at 6899 Ridge Water Ct.,
Centreville, VA 20121.  Topic for this month's Asian Night is 'Weapons of
the Orient'.  We will be discussing weapons, styles, etc. of Asia--feel
free to bring examples of anything you might like--western weapons are
also nice as a compare/contrast.  They don't have to be hand-held
weapons: arrows are just as valid.

I will have examples of Japanese weapons.  We will take a look at how
swords are made, including how to take a sword apart and some of the
etiquette involved.  I also have a video on the art of Japanese horsed
archery (Yabusame) still practiced in Japan.

We will have snacks, and would appreciate if anyone else had anything they
wished to bring.

Please come any time between 6PM and 9PM.  You can park in spaces 73 or
any of the visitor spaces.  If you need help, call: 703-815-0310.

-Ii