[Ponte Alto] Newcomer garb night on TUESDAY

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Thu Apr 22 06:14:19 PDT 2004

Greetings Most Talented Pontoons!

After a very successful newcomer's meeting, we have now scheduled a
Newcomer's Garb Night for Tuesday, April 27 (that would be this tuesday) at
Locwode Hall at 7 p.m.

I didn't get a chance to post directions to you in time Vikki, so I'm just
going to post them here now in hopes that you (and others) can join us next
Tuesday.  Bring your patterns, your books, your projects.  Our goal is to
help our newcomers start on the road to SCA participation by helping them
with persona development and garb.  But aside from all that, it's a pretty
kickin' good time, too......

In Service,
Luce Antony Venus
Chatelaine, Ponte Alto

DIRECTIONS:

Directions for Newcomers' meeting-- 6406 Seven Oaks Court, Falls Church, VA

TAKE YOUR BEST ROUTE towards the Seven Corners junction in Falls Church.
(Seven Corners is the junction of Route 50 and Route 7 in Falls Church.  It
is a complex intersection, and it's impossible to miss for that reason.)  If
you are coming via the Beltway (I-495), your best exit is onto East Route 50
if you are coming from the south, or East Route 7 if you are coming from the
North.  If you are coming from I-395, get off on Route 7 King Street exit
and go west.

On Route 7 EAST of the Seven Corners intersection,

 (AFTER the seven corners intersection if you are coming from the Beltway,
BEFORE the intersection if you are coming from DC or Alexandria on Route 7.
If you are coming from the East (Arlington or DC) on Route 50, go into the
intersection and follow the signs to get on Route 7 EAST)
 you will see CASTLE ROAD
(It's right near a gas station -- a Mobil or Exxon I think)

Turn onto CASTLE ROAD

Immediately on your right will be CASTLE PLACE.  Take a RIGHT onto CASTLE
PLACE

CASTLE PLACE will then junction with SLEEPY HOLLOW.  Take a LEFT onto SLEEPY
HOLLOW.

Proceed down SLEEPY HOLLOW past the fire station on the left.  Take your
SECOND RGHT onto ASPEN DRIVE

Follow ASPEN DRIVE to the end, where it will junction with an access road
off of Route 50.  Take a RIGHT onto this access road.

You will go through 1 stop sign, and the Seven Oaks development should then
be on your right.  go RIGHT into the Seven Oaks complex.

SEVEN OAKS COURT will be the row of townhouses on your immediate LEFT as you
enter the complex.  6406 is the one on the left end facing Route 50 with the
red door.

PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN NUMBERED SPACES, AS THESE BELONG TO MY NEIGHBORS.
PICK UNMARKED SPOTS OR ONES MARKED "GUEST."  Thanks.