[Ponte Alto] Volunteering for Chalice

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Tue Sep 9 04:00:30 PDT 2003

Unto the Noble and Helpful Populace of Ponte Alto does Luce Antony Venus,
Autocrat for Chalice of the Sun God send Greetings!

Some of you have seen the volunteer sign up sheets for Chalice of the Sun
God and have graciously added your name to the list of people volunteering.
For that I am eternally grateful, and I will be sending you a reminder email
so that you can remember what you signed up for.

For those who have not availed themselves of this glorious opportunity,
below are the various job descriptions available to Chalice volunteers.  If
you would like to help out with Chalice, please provide to me at
scalucia at cox.net: Which job(s) you'd like to do, your mundane name, your SCA
name, your phone number, and your email.  Also, if you sign up for Troll or
Autocrat's Assistant, and you are planning on participating in other
activities that day, let me know so that your shift may be worked around it.
Assistance with the jobs that I have identified as REALLY needing people
would be most helpful.

JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR CHALICE VOLUNTEERS

FEAST SERVERS: Assists Kitchen staff with distribution of food to the feast
hall on SATURDAY EVENING.  Serves water to the tables, assists with clearing
tables between removes.  Will be under the supervision of our wonderful
cook, Gruffudd.  Sense of humor and good balance desired, no experience
necessary.  If interested, email the Autocrat at scalucia at cox.net.  (WE
REALLY NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS ONE!)

AUTOCRAT'S ASSISTANTS:  Assists Autocrat with tasks by delivering messages,
and performing other small jobs as assigned.  Assists in maintaining
drama-free zone around Autocrat and enforces the 10-yard penalty for
violations.  Duties performed on SATURDAY DURING THE DAY in 2 hour shifts
(one assistant per shift) from 10 a.m until Feast.  This is an ideal job for
asipiring autocrats and young folks.  If interested in this position, email
the Autocrat at scalucia at cox.net.

TROLL/CHECK-IN:  Assists head troll at check-in point at site, helps check
in people, takes site fee money and makes change, checks waivers,
distributes site tokens, assists newcomers with loaner garb.  Assists with
feast seating, and the cabin offloading staging area.  This is a great way
to meet people! No experience necessary, though the ability to count is
strongly desired.  Shifts will run FRIDAY EVENING from 7 p.m. - 2 a.m. and
SATURDAY from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.  If interested, contact the Autocrat at
scalucia at cox.net. (WE REALLY NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS ONE!)

FEAST HALL CLEAN UP:  Relieves feast cooking staff and cleans up pots and
pans, all counters and surfaces of kitchen, etc, assists with clean-up of
Feast Hall.  WILL REPORT TO KITCHEN DIRECTLY AFTER FEAST ON SATURDAY.  I am
told that "all the best gossip is in the kitchen" -- here's your chance to
find out. If interested, please contact the Autocrat at scalucia at cox.net.
(WE REALLY NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS ONE!)

SITE SET UP:  Assists Autocrat in setting up site FRIDAY EVENING from 3 p.m.
until 10 p.m..  Assists setting up pavillions on list field for various
activities, makes the Royal Lodge ready, posting signs, and general set up
activities.  If you have a strong back and can help us eat the sandwiches or
pizza that will be provided, this one is for you.  If interested, contact
the Autocrat at scalucia at cox.net.

SITE CLEAN UP:  Assists Autocrat with site clean up so that when the site is
inspected by the Park Rangers, it passes.  This job is particularly
important because we are using a site "borrowed" from Stierbach, and we want
to make sure that the good relationship the SCA has with PWFP is preserved.
Duties involve checking each cabin and bathroom on site for trash, lost and
found, etc.  Must also check kitchen to assure clean up, and assist with
take down of pavillions and other list field items.  Duties begin PROMPTLY
at 9 a.m. until 12 noon SUNDAY MORNING.  We must be finished and off site by
1 p.m.  Doughnuts will be provided.  If interested, contact the Autocrat at
scalucia at cox.net.  (WE REALLY NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS ONE!)

Thanks to every one of you, in advance, for helping out with this event.  I
am always so proud to see how giving the populace of this Barony is.

In Service,
Luce Antony Venus