[Ponte Alto] Kleine Fest -- New here...HELP!

corun at medievalist.org corun at medievalist.org
Wed Oct 1 16:31:35 PDT 2003

Courtney wrote:

>I'm new to the group, (I have only recently joined the mailing list.) Could
>someone please give me more information about this Kleine Fest? I'd love to
>go...if I may.

Welcome to Ponte Alto. Eine Kleine etc. is the third first in what we have
called the Little Event with a Great Big Feast. It differs from the average
event in that you spend the day shmoozing, eating, listening to music,
eating, gaming, eating, dancing, eating....well, you get the idea. This
year's version will be German in theme, consisting of food made from period
recipes redacted from a German cookbook translated by Master Tirloch. Come
hungry.

>My interests are costuming, archery, and horseback riding/equestrian
>sports...and I'd love to get to meet and know others with these interests.
>I'd really appreciate a response from any kindred souls, as I am eagerly
>looking forward to meeting people! (The new member information night seems
>so far away!)

We have costumer and archers aplenty here, but sadly no equestrian. There
are equestrian sports, and you'd think that a Barony in the middle of horse
country would have some folks involved in it, but alas, no. This is not to
say that you shouldn't become involved in the SCA equestrian activities.
Who knows, you may spark an interest up here and get people to join you.

I'm sure I speak for all when I say we look forward to meeting you. Until
then I remain,

In service,
Corun