[Ponte Alto] This month's business meeting MAY 18th CLARIFICATION

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Thu May 8 11:08:41 PDT 2003

I do apologize for any confusion.   We have been asked to give support to
Bright Hills war practice on Sunday May18th.  Thomas has agreed to give his
support and ask those wishing to join him to travel to Bright Hills.  Bright
Hills has several melee scenarios planned as to prepare for the upcoming
Pennsic war.  There will both rapier and heavy fighting on Sunday, May 18th
in Bright Hills.

The monthly business meeting was changed to Sunday May18th because of
Sapphire Joust.  The date changed was agreed upon at the last business
meeting.  It seemed like a wonderful idea at the time to have a picnic and
fighter practice at the same day as the new date of the business meetings.
Someone pointed out that BH was having a war practice on the same day as our
picnic.  Bright Hills has been very supportive of Ponte Alto.  When they
attend our fighter practice picnic they bring 6-12 people each time.  So
Thomas agreed to travel and make their war practice thus sacrificing
attending the business meeting so he could help out another barony.

To accommodate those who were planning on attending the picnic and regular
Sunday practice(regular Sunday practice has both rapier and heavy) on May
18th and then the business meeting-we are still doing all of this.  Nothing
has changed except it is called a pot luck gathering and not the picnic.  Our
fighter practice picnics are very popular in the region.  So when we use the
word "picnic" we tend to have certain expectations. When Ponte Alto has a
fighter practice "picnic" we can get fighters from the East Kingdom and many
who travel a great distances to attend.  Since Thomas and any other able
bodied fighter will be traveling to Bright Hills we changed the name to a pot
luck gathering on Sunday, May 18th.  This still allows for the social aspect
as well incorporating our standard Sunday fighter practice (for those who are
unable to attend BH war practice and want to attend the baronial business
meeting).

The BH war Practice offers an excellent opportunity for those who want to get
ready for Pennsic and journey with His Excellency to BH.  This is also an
excellent opportunity for those who want to attend the business meeting and
must remain in the borders of Ponte Alto that day.  It still gives a chance
for a social gathering during standard fighter practice then all traveling to
the business meeting.  We have had several e-mails from newcomers and those
of the gentler arts looking forward to the pot luck social at the regular
fighter practice in Ponte Alto.  We don not want to disappoint anyone, so the
pot luck social at the fighter practice will still happen at Pimmets Park in
Tyson Corner, followed by the business meeting.

We do not mean to confuse anyone, we are trying hard to appease everyone with
obligations on this day.  We hope this e-mail clarifies things.  Thomas looks
forward to seeing some of you in Bright Hills that day while I am looking
forward to see some of you in Ponte Alto at the pot luck gathering then the
business meeting.

In Service,
Thomas and Denise